Compare economic lifecycles of different designs.
The Engineering Economic Analysis (EEA) program compares the lifecycle economics of alternative designs for HVAC systems and buildings. While primarily intended for HVAC building applications, the program can be used for other types of economic studies as well.
The Engineering Economic Analysis (EEA) program offers four types of economic analysis studies. All four are bundled into one seamlessly integrated package.
Study #1: Private Sector Lifecycle Analysis
Study #2: Public Sector Lifecycle Analysis
Study #3: Simple Payback Analysis
Study #4: Simple Cash Flow Analysis
Main EEA Features
- Permits input of multiple investment cost items, loans, and depreciation of investments, annual operating costs and periodic operating costs for each design alternative.
- Calculates cash flow, total present worth, net present worth savings, internal rate of return, payback, savings to investment ratio.
- Customizes content of reports based on the type of analysis being performed and therefore the economic criteria being used to make decisions.
- Generates reports that combine text and graphics.
- Reduces user effort by importing annual energy cost data from HAP building simulations, if desired.
- Exports cash flow information in a text format suitable for loading into spreadsheet programs. This facilitates custom analysis of data by users.
- Provides extensive on-line help system and users manual provides explanations, tutorials and example problems.